Licence to Operate a Boom-type EWP (Boom length 11m or more)


3 days in total.

There are 2 full days of training and then on day 3 you will be assessed by a WHS QLD accredited High Risk Work Licence assessor.

Why do this EWP Boom Lift 11m+ Licence course?

Successful completion of this course allows you to apply for a High Risk Work Licence for a Boom Lift (11m+) (WP class).

With a “WP” class licence, you can legally operate a Boom-type EWP with a boom length of 11 metres or more in all States of Australia.

Please note: This “WP” class licence does not satisfy the “Duty of Care” training requirements to operate a Scissor lift, Vertical lift, or any other type of EWP in any State of Australia.  You should check with the regulator in your State or Territory regarding the requirements.

How much does it cost?

The cost of this EWP Boom Lift 11m+ Licence course includes your enrolment, all course materials, and your WHS QLD assessment*.

Please use the COURSE ENQUIRY form for information on current pricing and group training rates.

*A fee of $175 may be charged if a candidate requires extra WHS QLD assessments.

QLD Government Licence application fee

You are required to apply for a High Risk Work Licence within 60 days of successfully completing your practical assessment. Apply online here:

The current Queensland HRW Licence application fee is $91.50 payable at the time of your online application. (Subject to change)


Site Safety Services specialise in on-site workplace training. We come to your workplace in Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Darling Downs or beyond and deliver training/assessment using your equipment in a familiar environment. Click to view the On-site Training Venue Requirements info sheet.

By arrangement we can provide a venue and machinery to conduct training when the on-site option doesn’t suit. Contact us to see how we can make it work for you.

Site Safety Services (AUS) conducts the training and assessment for this course to meet or exceed any required quality and legislative requirements.

For a High Risk Work Licence to be valid it must include your photograph, the classes of High Risk Work for which you are licensed, and it must be renewed prior to the listed “Expiry Date”.

Supply of Information prior to training

You will need to provide the following information prior to your course start date;

• Evidence of Identity (100 points of ID) also required on assessment day.
• Your “USI” (see here:

Language and Literacy

Candidates will require a sound level of English literacy and numeracy skills to successfully undertake this course of study.